192.168.l.254 is one of the least popular IP address of a router, it belongs to the brands like 2Wire and Netopia which are not very popular brands when it comes to routers. Before you proceed to the configuration part, it is important to know the IP address of your router.
How to Access Wireless Router through 192.168.l.254 IP?
By using command prompt option or by using IPCONF command, you can know the exact IP address of your router, also you can find the IP address in the router manual. Knowing the correct IP address is extremely important because it helps in the configuration of the router and the system.
How to Login into IP Address 192.168.l.254 of the Router?
- There is the standard procedure to login into the router system like any other IP addresses. When you type the IP address in the address bar of the browser, you will land up on a login page. In this page, mention the default username and password that comes along with the router.
- To know the default login details, check the back of the router, where the sticker is printed with the information. The font size is generally quite small. so ensure that you are able to see it. If you are facing problem in finding it on the router, then you can see it in the manual itself.
- Even when you are typing your IP address, ensure that you have mentioned the correct number. Because there is hardly a digit’s difference in the IP address, so the chances of errors happening increases.
- Before you login into your IP address, ensure that your computer or the system is the part of your home network and is already connected to the router. Because otherwise, it will not detect the information.
- Do check the lights are blinking on your router, as this ensures the connectivity of the router and the system. If in case, that is not happening don’t forget to check the cable connection between them
Here we will be looking into the brands which are using the IP address 192.168.l.254 by default.
- Netopia routers: Their newer models are highly secure as compared to their older models. To increase the security they have made the router’s serial number as the password, since, this is not generalized for all the routers and is only specific to an individual router, therefore, it tends to be more reliable. If your router is old then, mention the login information as below:
Password: 1234 or admin.
If you have the newer model of the router, then the password will be the six digits serial number.
- Thomson routers or Technicolor routers: Thomson uses to be the old name of Technicolor routers. The login details of this routers are the default. i.e. you can directly access the page without any login requirement. Once you login to it, ensure to change the router information and add the login details to it. Because this is important to secure your router. The login details of the router are given below:
Password 1: connect2th
Password 2: the router’s serial number
- 2wires router: The default IP address of this router is 192.168.1.254 yet you can also access the page by entering gateway.2Wire.not in the address bar. Once you get to the login window, the information is as such given below:
Password 1: admin
Password 2: wireless
If you are still facing the login issue then ensure to contact the support and also try resetting the IP address and that will lead to the default IP address and login details.
- Billion routers: This router has been on the market for quite a long time. The login details of this router have generally defaulted and they are easy to configure too. You can use below credentials for login:
It is good practice to keep your default IP address and the login details written somewhere handy so that if in case you need to reset the information then you can quickly access it without wasting time. But more importantly, ensure that you are using the correct login details of the router. SO it is important to pay attention to the manufacturer details and the login information too.